In partnership with dairy foods company Good Culture, DFA is offering a new pilot program to members in the Farmington, Minn., milkshed. The transitional plan, Path to Pasture, can help support members interested in enhancing soil health, implementing efficient use of pasture or building infrastructure on farm to support grazing.
DFA will work with interested members by offering educational tools, soil testing, funding options and other services to develop a customized soil health or grazing plan. The plans to transition will become the foundation for a pilot project with Good Culture, who’s invested in enhancing soil health and grazing practices on farms.
- Funds from Good Culture, as well as government support programs, will be leveraged to support program pillars and funding opportunities for member farms
- Good Culture and DFA will conduct regular metrics reporting
- Compensation for conferences, meetings and workshops regarding grazing or soil health practices
- Consultative pasture walks provided by DFA Grazing, to develop and assess best soil health and/or pasture practices
- Access to soil health testing packages
- Support for planting and pasture management
- Reduced-rate loans for fencing, water lines and other necessary equipment
- Financial support for pasture establishment